Our Privacy Notice
Last updated: 22 December 2020
Controllers of personal information: Cardoza Books, 86-88 Clerkenwell Rd, London EC1M 5RJ, is the sole data controlled of personal information collected and processed through the Cardoza Books services.
What personal information we collect
Cardoza Books collects personal data in order to provide and improve our services. Here are the types of personal data we collect:
- Information you give us: we receive and store data you provide in relation to Cardoza Books services. You can choose not to provide certain types of information. However, this might make you unable to take advantage of our services in their entirety.
- Information from other sources: we may receive information about you from other sources such as updated delivery and address information from other carriers. We’ll use this data to correct our records and deliver your next purchases easier.
For what purposes we process your personal data
We process your personal information in order to improve our services. These purposes include:
- Communication with you: we process your personal information so we can communicate easily with you in relation to our services via different channels.
- Advertising: we process your personal data for advertising purposes. These include display of interest based-ads for products and features that might be of interest to you.
- Credit risks and fraud prevention: we process your personal data to detect and prevent fraud and protect the security of Cardoza Books, our customers, and others.
- Troubleshooting and improving our services: we process your data to improve our website’s functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability of our services.
- Purchase and delivery of goods: we use your personal information to take and handle orders and deliver products and services you’ve previously purchased from our site.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent: we might ask for your consent to process your personal information for specific purposes that we communicate with you. Once you consent to this, you can withdraw at any time and we’ll stop processing data for said purposes.
- Complying with legal obligations: in many cases, we have legal obligations to collect and process personal information so we can comply with certain laws.
How secure is the information about me?
Our system is designed with utmost safety and security in mind. We work to protect the security of your personal information by using security protocols and encryption. We also follow the PCI DDS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) protocol when handling credit and debit card data. At the same time, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection to our collection and processing of personal information.
What information can I access?
You can access your information at our website including your name, address, payment options, and other personal information. You can also access your purchase history in the My Account section at our website.
Can children use Cardoza Books’ services?
Our services have not been designed to be used by children. We don’t sell products or services for children. We only sell products and services for adults. If you’re under 18, you can only use our services and make purchases under the legal involvement of a parent or guardian.